Download for free!
The ultimate guide to start a company in Mexico
México is a huge market and a great place to invest
Generally, foreign investors may freely establish a Mexican company or acquire stock in an already established one.
The basic forms of Mexican business enterprise are:
- Stock corporation with fix or variable capital, and stock corporation for the promotion of investment (commonly used by domestic and foreign investors. Allow modern and flexible provisions in Shareholder Agreements)
- Limited liability company (used frequently)
- General partnership (is not commonly used due to unlimited liability , unless willingness to qualify as a foreign partnership in the home country. Please review the matter with your international tax advisor)
- Partnership with limited and unlimited liability partners
- Civil partnership (is of non-commercial nature, and generally used for non-profit entities or by professional practitioners)
- Joint venture contract (although not a legal entity, is treated as a separate entity for income tax purposes)
- Branch of a foreign corporation
- Sole proprietorship doing business (must be permanent resident for migration purposes)